Thursday, August 23, 2007

Un-Training

I originally had purchased a ticket to go to Scotland for Single-Speed World Championships with longtime derelicts Josh and Timmy P. but my damn useless career got in the way, and I had to cancel. So I used the ticket to go visit Josh in Boulder. Where he lives, and where I want to live. Since Josh is going to the motherland on vacation, he couldn’t really take any more time off work, so the plan was for me to train on the road during the day, and we would drink beer by night, with some Single-Speed Dirt Bike action on the weekend.
So this is my vacation. My plan: To drink so much that I negate any amount of training that I do. Come to find out…I trained a lot…so what does that mean? YES! DRINKING A LOT!! Basically, Josh and I would wake up in the yurt…crank out some great espresso..old school style, and Josh would roll to work and I would roll out on the bike. I would spend 3-4 hours on my bike everyday, descending down from Nederland at 8300 ft, to Boulder at 5230 ft, across the flats, and up one of many different ways to gain altitude….ride up to about 9200ft, then descend back to Ned. Then I would shower (sometimes), play Frisbee with Jackson and Lucy for a minute, then head into Boulder for some food, and inevitably…beer.
I really love this place, and I know that I am gonna live there before too long. Its a combination of the community, the lifestyle, and the pace, but mostly the people. Josh, Timmy, Fitness, and their circle of friends are phenomenal. Good people. Not that New York doesn’t have good people…it does, but somewhere along the way, those good people became “New Yorkers”…Hard and jaded…they lost their soul somewhere out there....I'm not gonna let that shit happen to me.....
So I didn't take any pictures while I was out slogging away the miles in the mountain...but I did take more pictures of all the cool people, and some great experience I had there....so keep checking...I'm gonna keep posting. Josh: You are the man...Thanks for everything...

No comments: