Friday, February 29, 2008

take a flying leap

Happy Leap Day!
Once every four years and we don't even get the day off work? I mean come on....its just as random as Presidents day....or even Valentines day if you asked me...
This is a rare, limited edition of days, and that demands a certain amount of flexibility....especially when it comes to my behavior in or around the workplace....
It doesn't help that its Friday. I've been sick for what feels like a decade, and I am full recoop'ed and ready to roll like no other. I can't wait to get out on the bike this weekend...a little road riding, a little around town action on the fixie, and some hoopty hoppin on the bar bike.
ooooh...and Spring Classics are here!!!! Het Volk tomorrow on cycling.tv. I hate that site, but they've got me by the balls. I loves me some spring classics, and this time of year makes me buy all kinds of crazy cables and A/V crap so I can hook my computer up to the TV and watch it lifesize.
The pic above is pretty funny....I was cleaning out my messenger bag (a bad idea....I guess that counts as that thing I do every 4 years) and found that I had taken the pens from ALL the hotels we stayed in on the Coast Ride....kind of funny/neurotic/clepto...but cool(ish)
What else...I was checking out my favorite blog....here, and saw that Stevil posted this link to a Petition for Google Maps to put "Bike there" option in the Directions....so, click here to SIGN THE PETITION AND PUT BIKES ON THE MAP!!!!
Do something today that you would only do every 4 years....cause you have an excuse.
...and go ride you bike dammit
keep it poppin.

No comments: