Friday, June 06, 2008

a new addition

So you wonder what OCD Cyclocross Fanatics do during the summer month? You guessed it geek of 'cross gear. Tires, tire pressure, wheels, brakes, and did I mention tires?
I just built up this DOPE set of Edge Composites wheels on Chris King Hubs, which will eventually migrate to my gear bike. I started tinkering with my Indy Fab single speed CX machine, and it got out of control. Ending with Campy Record Ultra-Torque Cranks, and Carbon Record Brake Levers.
I truly have a problem.
OK OK...I have to make a confession...I did not build these wheel myself.  I COULD HAVE (but it would have taken me like a week)  Instead, a much MUCH better wheel builder did.  My friend Eric (aka The Alabama Hot-Pocket) in Tuscaloosa, laced these up

3 comments:

Cyclocross Magazine said...

let us know if you find a cure for that problem! bike companies will spend a lot of money to keep you from marketing the cure to folks like us. and they'll probably pay you in bike swag, making the problem worse making your own cure ineffective.

for me, ss bikes are painful beasts not only during racing but in maintaining. the draw initially is partly in their simplicity yet they start to call out for their own dedicated bling. and then suddenly the simple, modest bike is anything but. I guess I badly share the same problem.

Anonymous said...

that rig is hot!

any good cross races close to nyc?

later,

daveo

Georges Rouan said...

Damn...that rig is sweet.