Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I never thought I would...

But...I miss NYC right now. I travel alot for work, and this is the busy season for me. So, I guess I could consider myself lucky to make it home most weekends. (It still feels weird to call NYC "home") Even though I am traveling all over the US, and to exotic tropical islands, I can't help but think about how great this time of year is in the city. The weather is perfect...fresh and crisp. The feels clean. The temperature for riding bikes is the best, and the road race season is over, so I can just ride for fun instead of hammering out intervals and weighing my food. Its Cross Season, Its Sweater Season, Its Wine Season, Its Mushroom Season, and I feel like I am missing it all. This is my favorite time of the year to go on long rides with friends, stop for coffee, and pastries, lunch at the Hungarian Pastry Shop after... When I moved to NYC, I guess you could say it was against my will. I was living in Boston, and my employer wanted me in the Jersey/Connecticut/NY area. (Read: New York City, because I wouldn't commit social suicide by living in 'burbs) So I moved. And ya know. I'm glad I did. Now I am addicted to it. New York City is like gambling, in more than one way. Of course there is the addictive quality, You can lose large sums of money just by participating, takes money to make money to make money, and all that jazz. But mainly, when you are up, you are WAY up, and when you are down, its the worst place on the planet. I'm WAY up right now. I'm "All in" for New York. the bitch may drop me on my ass in a week, but right now, I am riding high, and what better time: Its Apple Season. I'm a sentimental sissy, RK

No comments: