Tuesday, March 25, 2008

racing?

K. Rahn in the break.  Photo: www.marcoquezada.com Ok, so I'm gonna play a little catch up here... There has indeed been some bike racing.  There was an NYC central park race in the rain that J. Lo won with Alex Bremer in the break with him.  Karl and I were on the front of the field keeping things together.  It was rainy, it was the first CRCA race, and it was way too easy.  I have no photos, well because it was raining.
Next up....Grant's Tomb Criterium.  I will start by saying I hate this race like no other.  It put on by the Columbia Cyling Team, so I'm happy to enter just to support their team, but I just suck in early March...I've accepted this, and I have moved on.
Karl on the other hand was the star of the day in my book.  He was all over the front of the P12 race, and was in several moves...most noteable was his break that he initiated to launch J.Lo, that ended with them in a 3 man brake for the last 10 laps of the race...only getting caught with 1 lap to go. Props out to the Sakonnet Squad....Koschara has been teachin
g those kids how to bite nails in half, and it shows. 
 
breakity, break, break. Karl and J.Lo rollin. Photo: www.marcoquezada.com
Last was Prospect Park this past Sunday.  It was really cold and windy and the feild was about 50 I'd say.  It was a normal day for me of closing down EVERY FREAKIN GAP that those sissies opened up.  I felt like I was in the wind the whole damn race.  Joao Correia showed up, and it was good to catch up with him.  We had breakfast after, and caught up with his road stories of life with Bissell.  I then took a nap.  and wrenched on some bikes...and took another nap.  Racing at 6AM pretty much wipes you for the rest of the day.
Otherwise....I still can't stop thinking about cross....I know....it's way
too early.  But, I don't care.

No comments: