Monday, September 04, 2006

Laughing Why?

Alright...So here I am in Blog world...And when I was trying to come up with some creative topic that could be interesting enough to write about day after day, this is what I came up with. First, I am a cyclist. I like bikes. I race bikes. Second, I like to have a good time. I like beer. I like music. And I like people that aren't dumb asses. Third, I like to do both. I like to ride and race my bikes, and have a good time all at the same time. Sure, that is not always the way it goes, but in the world of competitive cycling, we sometimes take it too seriously, and more often than not, we forget about why we started riding bikes in the first place.... When your a kid, its the only freedom that you have. You have to be home by dark, and you need to maximize your universe, which at that point in your life is equal the furthest point from your house that you can travel, and still make it home on time. (or relatively on time) That's where the bikes comes in...Its all about getting out of the reach of the man (represented here by you parents). Some of you out there never looked at your bike again once you got the old driver's license, and some of us...Still don't want to grow up. So why "The Laughing Group"? You cyclists out there know what it means. For everyone else, here is the definition as posted on a great website: www.dailypeloton.com : Laughing Group - Group of riders not contesting the front of a race but trying to stay inside the time limit or just finish the race. Used like "came in with the laughing group". So there. Look, I'm not saying I'm not competitive, and I'm not saying that I don't try and win every race I enter, but what I am saying is, It its not fun, I ain't interested. That's it. That's all I got. Check back for random BS. If you like cycling, single-speeds, cyclocross, beer, and music. I'll talk about that some too, Over and out, RK

1 comment:

Herbert said...

Check you out with your new blog. Very nice.